What is your role?
As a junior agronomist you contribute to the continuous improvement of saline cultivation in the broadest sense of the word. As a team you are involved in the agricultural activities within projects that Saline Farming carries out. Your contribution is primarily to elaborate the economic substantiation of the cultivation.
About Saline Farming
Salinization of agricultural land is becoming a growing problem worldwide. The often poor farming communities in saline areas suffer from hunger due to a lack of agricultural produce, live in increasing poverty and are eventually forced to migrate in search of a better life.
Saline Farming has a stubborn and controversial answer to salinization: we look at what is possible, how we can (continue to) grow all sorts of crops on salinized soil. With this we are the bridge from knowledge to practice and we contribute to food security for these small farmers, which also limits migration, poverty and unemployment. And by using (half) brackish water in irrigation, there is less claim to the scarce freshwater supply in those areas.
What will be expected of you?
• Performing business economic analyzes of the cultivation
• The independent organization of (sub) projects
• Combining measures aimed at improving cultivation
• Helping to build the business case of saline cultivation, both nationally and internationally
• Transferring practical (basic) agricultural knowledge, in particular to small farmers from poor countries
What qualities should you have?
• Agricultural training at MBO or HBO level
• Experience with various crops such as potatoes, cabbage, onion, carrot, tomato is a plus
• Experience with crop guidance abroad, including demonstration projects is a plus
• Connecting personality with good communication skills
• Love to travel and understand and respect different cultures
• You enjoy working on a project basis
• Good command of the English language, spoken and written, is necessary
• You have an eye for innovation and improvement
We can offer you a full-time position as a junior agronomist. The employment conditions depend on your knowledge and experience. Part-time employment is possible, but you have to take into account travel to our foreign projects.
More information about the content of the position can be obtained from Arjen de Vos: firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)6-101 31 963.
Enthusiastic about the position of Agronome?
Then we look forward to receiving your application. You can send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com